Texas Commercial Litigation Firm Delivers Strong Advocacy
Corpus Christi attorney concentrates on energy, property and construction issues
At the McLallen Law Firm in Corpus Christi, I represent businesses throughout Texas in commercial litigation matters with a focus on oil and gas operations, as well as construction and property disputes. As an attorney with close to 30 years of experience working with the nation’s leading energy companies, I have achieved significant results for businesses I represent and the industry at large, including a 2017 Texas Supreme Court decision upholding the validity of a deed that granted countywide mineral interests to the holder. In cases involving conflicts over natural resources, leases and other concerns, I am prepared to apply my legal knowledge to assessing potential claims and advancing your interests regardless of the particular industry or situation.
Accomplished oil and gas lawyer litigates rights disputes and other cases
My firm has a strong track record in cases related to oil and gas rights as well as other energy industry matters, including:
- Mineral ownership disputes — Before developing on a property, it is critical to settle the ownership of mineral rights, including the right to access the minerals through the surface as reasonably necessary, the right to lease and to receive bonus consideration, delay rentals and royalties for the extraction of minerals.
- Surface ownership disputes — The owner of a property’s surface rights may disagree with the owner of the mineral rights on how the land is to be used. I assist with disputes over the ownership of both types of property rights.
- Underpayment of royalties — The underpayment of royalties is a prevalent issue in the oil and gas industry. As a skilled litigator, I make all efforts to ensure that you receive the full payment you are entitled to.
- Property contamination — Oil and gas leases typically include land protection terms to prevent improper environmental harm on a landowner’s property. I help clients seek compensation for oil and gas contamination and other damages caused by local natural resource development.
- Pipeline easements — When a pipeline operator gains access to property through an easement, it is important for all parties to understand the rights and limitations implied by the agreement, especially where the presence of a pipeline may significantly restrict land use and development potential. I assist clients with conflicts regarding payment terms, access, rights of way, the allowed uses and locations of pipelines and other aspects of easements and agreements relating to them.
Drawing on my significant energy industry and commercial litigation experience, I am here to help my clients achieve their objectives.
Knowledgeable advocate represents parties in real estate conflicts
Upholding your property rights is essential to maximizing the value of your real estate investment whether you’re using it for development, natural resource extraction, industrial purposes or a different reason. With extensive knowledge of the region’s physical and legal landscape, I offer sound counsel on disputes linked to transactions, land use, boundaries, easements, titles and other property matters. After analyzing the situation, I’ll help you make an informed choice on how to proceed.
Thorough adviser takes on cases arising from construction disagreements
When a dispute breaks out over a construction issue, such as nonpayment, failure to perform contracted work or allegedly substandard workmanship, parties often point fingers at each other. Regardless of how complex or contested an issue might be, I know how to investigate the facts and apply the law so that clients have an informed perspective liability. From there, my firm presses for a favorable outcome whether the case is resolved through negotiations, mediation, arbitration or in court.
Contact a Texas commercial litigation attorney to schedule a free consultation
At the McLallen Law Firm in Corpus Christi, I represent clients throughout Texas in commercial litigation matters, with a focus on oil and gas litigation. To discuss your options in a free consultation, call 833-810-6041 or contact me online.